Landmark Worship Center was founded in 1982 by Pastor Lester Bruce and his family.
Pastor Bruce started teaching Home Bible Studies in the Bethalto area. Which led to the need for a church building. The building he purchased was a small church built in 1865. It had great historical value in it’s connection with the community. On May 11, 1994 Pastor Mark Burk and his family were voted in as Pastor of the church. Pastor Burk continues with the vision of Pastor Bruce and stays true to it's original foundation on the Word of God.
In 2006 a prophetic word was spoken during a revival.
Rev. T.L. Smith prophesied that God was going to move the congregation into a different building. Six weeks later a storm came and destroyed the church building. Thankfully no one was injured. For the next 3 years the congregation shared a building with the First Baptist Church. At which time, the new campus for the First Baptist Church was being built. Once the new campus for First Baptist Church was finished, Landmark Worship Center was able to purchase their old campus. Which included 3 buildings, a separate Sunday School wing, and a sanctuary able to accommodate 450 people.